On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 10:44:38AM -0700, Joe S wrote:
| Has anyone been able to configure a usb flash drive to boot a snapshot
| install? I don't like to burn so many cd's. I tried to install via
| PXE, but the laptop I use (Thinkpad X24) doesn't support PXE. I've
| been able to install 4.3 from usb flash drive thanks to these
| instructions: http://www.azbsd.org/~marco/openbsd/flashkeyinstaller/

For CD's, I tend to use a couple of CD-RW's - most machines these days
can read 'em, it's not such a waste of CDRs and you only have to carry
around one if you have a laptop with CD-RW drive.

In answer to your question, I have a 32GB Corsair Voyager with a
complete OpenBSD install on it. It's an easy portable environment that
I carry around all day and can use on many (but not all) modern (i386)
systems. Gives asking people if you can use their computer for a bit a
whole new dimension (but you may want to explain that you don't change
anything about their Windows enviroment before going that route). I
also have a "somewhat recent" set of installation files on there so I
can install OpenBSD (i386 and amd64) easily.

Cheers,

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/