Whatever you do, do NOT attempt to update bios by sending a file over a
console session.  Screwed up my bios and had to have pc engines send me a
"rescue" bios chip and bootable cf card.  Once obtaining the latest bios I
just plugged in a cf to ide converter and continued as if it was a normal
install.

http://www.copyandwaste.com/2008/05/26/alix-2c3-openbsd-43/
-a