well i think you could insert your dual NIC openbsd host into the switch 'ring' physically, then bridging between the 2 NICs and firing up STP, but be aware that every time you up/down an interface or reboot your openbsd box, you'll trigger an STP recalc - which is around 45sec outage across entire switch infrastructure. (This can be mitigated with PVST and RSTP somewhat).

/Pete