Federico escreveu:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a routing problem that I can't understand.
>
> I have firewall equipped with OpenBSD 4.3.
> On this machine i have 3 nic:
>
> nic A: 89.96.AA.xx/28
> nic B: 89.96.BB.xx/29
> nic C: 10.1.1.0/24
>
> As you can read, nic A and nic B are on different and separate subnets.
>
> I've put on /etc/mygate the address of the ISP's router, that is in the
> same subnet of A.
>
> I have pf configured to nat ALL traffic generated inside the DMZ (from
> nic C) on a couple of addresses active on nic A.
>
> Now here comes the problem: I have to route addressed for an external
> subnet (89.97.xx.xx). I expected that this traffic was passing through
> nic A because of the default route, but it exits from nic B instead.
>
> I have take a look to netstat -rn and I found out that a route for that
> address appears magically on nic B (with flags UHLc).
>
> If I delete it with "route delete" and than I make traffic again, the
> route appears again.
>
> Why?
>
> For the moment, I played for time with a static route, but this is
> unaccetable for me (at least without a reason!).
>
> Thank you in advance.

Without you sending more information, it will be difficult for someone
to help. First, it would help to send the real ip of the subnets. "AA"
and "BB" aren't helpful. You might have overlapping subnets by one bit,
and that could be the cause of your problem. Also, if your subnets mask
are wrong, it could explain this behavior. I had a problem once with a
router that had the subnet mask configured wrong and it was passed to me
wrong. I configured it, and it simply would not work. I used a program
to do the calculation of what would be the correct subnet mask. It was
ipcalc, AFAICR. It's in ports.

My regards,

--
Giancarlo Razzolini