I have successfully used the below Nic's on 4.3 and 4.4 -current setups (especially the 4 port version)

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/networking/index-nic.html

They go well with the HP DL range in my experience.

Example the HP DL385 will give you 4 PCI express lanes i.e 16 +2(onboard) 18 total 1000TX ports per firewall
Enjoy

nuffnough wrote:
Hi,

I read the thread that popped up a few months back, and the consensus
was to buy a Dell or buy a switch and make VLANs,  but neither of
these options are suitable for my requirements.

I presently have a pair of Intel Servers with 6 pci NICs plus one on
board running as a clustered firewall.   These are getting old, and I
want to replace them.  Only thing is,  I am finding it impossible to
find anyone who makes mobos with enough pci slots.

Can anyone recommend a mobo that does?

Or recommend dual port nics that I can use instead of my current intel nics?

I am happy with getting individual components and putting something
together,  just need to know what components.

TIA

nuffi