On 14:31 Thu 02 Oct, Jacob Meuser wrote:
> > inputs.mic=127,127
> probably need to raise this to 255

Tried it,

> > inputs.sel.source=mic
>
> what other sources are available?  use `mixerctl -v' to see the
> options.

inputs.sel.source=mic  [ mic speaker5 speaker6 speaker7 speaker3 headphones
speaker ]

> > inputs.sel2.source=speaker3
> what other sources are available?  `mixerctl -v'
inputs.sel2.source=headphones  [ mic speaker5 speaker6 speaker7 speaker3
headphones speaker2 ]
(same as inputs.sel.source)

> > inputs.usingdac=02
> > record.usingadc=07
>
> do you have `08' as a choice here?  if I'm reading the datasheet right,
> inputs.sel corresponds to one of adc 07 or 08, inputs.sel2 corresponds
> to the other.  anyway, I'd wait to try fiddling with this last.
> raise the amp outputs first, check the sources, and if that fails,
> try a different adc.

I tried to play with it too, but it gave no effect.
BUT:

i played with mixerctl a little more:

inputs.mic: 127,127 -> 254,254
inputs.sel.source: headphones -> mic

and managed to record the sound, but the playback of it was too fast, i
could not hear any words (the 5-seconds record was played for ~0.7 sec).

i also could not lower the rate of playback:

$ aucat -r 22000 -i file.raw
/dev/audio: can't set audio params to s16le,0:1,22000Hz: Invalid
argument

--
Vladimir Kirillov