2008/9/23 ropers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> 2008/9/23 guede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> ropers wrote:
>>>
>>> Lots of interesting stuff there: http://www.phiral.net/
>>> Especially the last link on that page. I thought I'd never see that
>>> again, as it's vanished from the Web virtually everywhere else.
>>

>> ???
>>
>> Hasn't vanished at all.
>
> Sorry, maybe I was mistaken. I seemed to recall that some really cool
> Fravia content got pulled from everywhere. Either the entire site got
> restored everywhere, or that particular content is still offline but
> apart from that the entire Fravia/Searchlores stuff remains available.
> It doesn't help that I don't remember anymore what that content was...
>
> Sorry for the noise.

As it turns out, I was not entirely mistaken after all, and Wikipedia
has some info of what I was referring to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fravia

> Fravia is a pseudonym/handle for a European cracker (his real name, according
> to his autobiography, is Fjalar Ravia) who is probably best known for his web
> archive of reverse engineering techniques and papers. Mirrors of the old web
> site (fravia.org) still exist (see, e.g., Internet Archive), though Fravia
> has publicly requested their removal in favor of his new
> web-searching-centric sites.

However, I was not entirely right either, as it appears as if the
Fravia mirror at phiral.net doesn't have the old reverse engineering
goodies either. It goes without saying that if someone knows where
this info can still be found, I would be more than grateful for any
pointers.

Thanks and regards,
--ropers