On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Benjamin Adams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm looking for some clarification on Licensing.  I'm looking to build
> a product using:
> OpenBSD
> Tomcat
> MySQL
> Java
>
> I know OpenBSD is do what you want.  Anyone know what sun says for licensing?
> I'm looking to sell this product for profit which will help me give
> back to OpenBSD :)
>
> Anyone know what I would have to do for Sun to let me do this?
> or is they don't care just create and sell?
> I'm looking for any help I can get on this topic.  Maybe someone at
> sun that I can talk to that would help me.
> Thanks!!!

It's probably best to go to each product's web site, or their
tarballs, and look for a license document.  I believe MySQL and Java
are GNU GPLv2, but I'm not sure, you're best to look for that as well.

Also note that not *all* of OpenBSD is the BSD-spirit license.  For
example, GCC is under the GNU GPL (though depending on your product,
you can get away with no compiler set); you will need to make sure
that these components' licenses are obeyed as well.