I have previously used two PPPoE links succesfully. The sys/net/if_pppoe.c:pppoe_find_softc_by_session() is correct as long as the devices are attached to different ethernet devices.

Since you have not provided any information about your configuration, I can only make a guess. I would say that you are using the same ISP and credentials (username/password) for both pppoe interfaces. If this is the case, most probably your ISP prevents more than one connection from a given account. If this is not the case, please provide more information about your setup.

Thanks,

Can

PS: I (and a lot of other developers) do not follow misc@ and it is hard to reply to mails that one did not receive. Please try to submit a proper bug report next time.