I have dozens of packages I install on fresh systems, so I was looking
for a way of easily installing an arbitrary version of a specific
package, as in: I don't care which version gets installed, but I know
the name of the application and which flavor I want. My network link is
slow enough that waiting for and responding to -i questions isn't very
amusing.

Reading pkg_add(1) and blindly trying the following didn't help.

                sudo pkg_add "vim*no_x11"

Any suggestions on how I can do this? Is some fugly wrapper around
pkg_add -Q my best bet? egrep'ing my way through index.txt?

--
I prefer the dark of the night, after midnight and before four-thirty,
when it's more bare, more hollow.                http://a.mongers.org