Has anyone on misc every written source code, released it under the GPL and
then later switched the license to BSD or a similar license? This is
something I am considering. I understand that GPL cannot be revoked, etc.
However, as I hold the copyright, I should be able to do a new release and
from that point forward use BSD license, right? I will still keep a copy of
1.5 under the GPL, but no longer maintain it. While 2.0 and forward will be
BSD and actively developed. I've been researching this some, and I wanted to
ask those on misc who may have already done something such as this for their
advice.

Thanks