Hi all,

First I'd like to give my congrats to all OpenBSD dev team.
The last time I used it was back in 2.5 release.

I decided to check it out again when an old alpha came in my hands recently,
which was ideal running particular services (replacement for an RS6000 that died). I also installed it today on a newer PA-RISC 8600 (smp is not yet there but I can live :)

It's simplicity, efficiency, maturity and the logic of the whole project
made another happy sysadm (the rms thread in this list also contributed to this....omg :))
Well done again! (I needed to say this)

And a few quick questions since I haven't found relevant info online:

a) for how long each release is being supported in terms
of security patches (as well as important updates) after a new release is out?
This applies for the i386 only or all the archs?

b) if the userland (make build in /usr/src) updating is forced to stop,
how can you continue from the point it's stopped.

c) I choosed to follow the -stable release OPENBSD_4_3. What happens
when I update my sources with cvs up? Do I have to rebuild the whole thing
again from scratch or does it detect the new diffs and compiles/installs there only?
Are there any other working options available?
I don't want to make a mess by playing with make args.

regards,

Giannis