On 2008-11-02, Steven Surdock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I must be missing something then.  Why not use 4.3.2.2 as the carp
> interface IP and no IP address on the physical interfaces?  I'm not sure
> how well this will play with OpenBGPD, someone else will have to chime
> in there.

I haven't tried it, but that (i.e. only assigning the address
to carp, and using carpdev) should work ok with bgpd.

You'll only be able to run a session from whichever router
is carp master, but unless you're able to either talk the
upstream out of another /30, or use one of your own /30
for the second link to the ISP, that's the price you have
to pay.