On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Marc Espie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 07:05:56PM +0100, Louis V. Lambrecht wrote:
>> Stuart Henderson wrote:

> Oops, looks like I forgot to document some stuff.
>
> There is some experimental code in pkg_add to take care of that:
> remove the /var/db/pkg/jasper-* directory, and try
> adding jasper again, in interactive mode.
>
> With luck, it will tell you there are collisions with files not found
> in any package, but which match exactly with jasper, and then it will attempt
> to repair the situation: that is, it will extract again the package, and
> scan all the forward dependencies and restore the missing links.

Thank you all for your help. I have checked every single package
directory under /var/db/pkg/ to find the ones that are empty and
deleted them; I took notes of the package directories that I deleted
and installed those packages with pkg_add -iv <package_name> (seven in
total) - at the time of the installation I was asked whether I want to
resolve any conflict. After that, I just did the usual pkg_add -ui -F
update -F updatedepends to update all the packages.