Ted> What you can do is monitor the list.  If an erratum comes out and
Ted> nothing happens for a day, email the person responsible and remind
Ted> them.  The person responsible is not necessarily the person who
Ted> happened to commit to stable, though, it's the person who made the
Ted> original fix.  There's no announcements on the list because probably
Ted> half the developers don't know they are supposed to make such
Ted> announcements.

Who handles the errata page, assigning the sequential numbers and deciding
whether it's a security fix or not?  Surely, it would be easier to teach that
small set of people (one?) to cc the mailing list on a security announcement,
rather than expect that everyone with a core commit bit be reminded to watch
errata to notice when their particular contribution has been accepted as a
security patch.  What am I missing here?