Theo de Raadt wrote:
is there a way to re-attach a USB device (in my example; USB Keyboard) from the Commandline, so that to the System it appears just as if i had unplugged and replugged it? I am trying to work around a Problem i am experiencing, where a certain other Device only works right if i FIRST plug in a USB Keyboard, and the other one second. If i could script it so that even when the machine reboots, my script basically detaches my two USB Devices, then attaches the first one, then the second one, i think i can work around my above issue. Its a nasty way of doing things, but right now i am in urgent need of a solution, even if it is ugly.

No, there is no such mechanism.

It will be better to find & fix the real problem.

!DSPAM:492a6cdf195298950630855!

Yes i think you are right. All this comes from a prior Message with Subject "USB RFID Reader misreads". Even though it works elsewhere, it is very possible that the Reader i am trying to get working is garbage, in which case maybe there is not much i can do, except trying to find some workaround, or spend more money to get a better Reader than i have.