From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Stuart Henderson
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2008 4:31 PM
To: misc@openbsd.org
Subject: Re: General RE-Build Question

On 2008-11-27, Morris, Roy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have made changes to the GENERIC & RAMDISK_CD kernels
> (yes I know, there is a reason) on a stable system. I
> have already made a release on this machine once, but
> I am assuming based on the faq that the release process
> uses files made from the -stable build process. The
> question is what or how do I clean to get a fresh start
> at it, to ensure the new changes are picked up? ..
>
> I followed the FAQ ..
> # rm -rf /usr/obj/*
> # cd /usr/src
> # make obj
> # cd /usr/src/etc && env DESTDIR=/ make distrib-dirs
> # cd /usr/src
> # make build
>
> and got the following error. Any help would be great!

You have build files in the src/ tree. Maybe you didn't re-run
"make obj" after updating source sometime when directories were
changed and then attempted a build. (You should "make obj"
between updating src and building).

Either rm -r src and checkout again, or clean your tree:
"cvs -q up -Pd -I -" should identify the offending files.