[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I'm trying to export an mfs filesystem, but it seems not to work.

fstab reads

/dev/wd0b  /tmp     mfs     rw,nosuid,-s=524288 0 0

exports reads

/tmp                    -maproot=root -alldirs clientname

The client can mount but any I/O results in

# mkdir /tmp/shared
# mount -t nfs 192.168.1.10:/tmp /tmp/shared
# ls /tmp/shared
ls: /tmp/shared: Input/output error

If I try to export a subdirectory, and mount that, I get a file protection
error on the mount attempt.

Is this possible, or is there simply no solution?

I've also failed doing this and no, and I don't think its expected to work. I pretty sure similar issues exists for exporting other types of filesystems too (e.g. msdos).

/Alexander