Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for all replies and discussion, I have recovered root shell today
after scheduling down time. Thanks a lot, excellent forum

Thanks,

Farhan

> Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 07:55:48 -0500
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: misc@openbsd.org
> Subject: Re: bash for root?
>
> Juan Miscaro wrote:
> > Why not set up a user (ex: bigguy) and then force his uid and gid to
> > be 0 and 0 with vipw?  Give that user a nice coloured bash prompt and
> > set up directories in his home.  This way you get a customized
> > superuser while keeping the real root environment pristine.
>
> Other than generating duplicate user number error reports from the
> nightly security check, the generally bad idea of duplicate user
> numbers, creating confusion and ambiguity that doesn't need to be there,
> the likelihood that you will have forgot the 'root' password when you
> need it and being a really silly way to solve a completely non-problem?
>   No reason at all.
>
> Why not switch the keycaps around on your keyboard?
> Why not wear mis-matched shoes?
> (those are bad examples, I can come up with justifications for doing
> them...)
>
> Some people are really convinced their feet need holes.  The
> (non)problem doesn't justify your solution -- and the real problems it
> would create.
>

> Nick.

Net yourself a bargain. Find great deals on eBay.
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Frover%2Eebay%2Ecom%2Frover%2F
1%2F705%2D10129%2D5668%2D323%2F4%3Fid%3D10&_t=763807330&_r=hotmailTAGLINES&_m
=EXT