Hi,

Seeing the answer to my question I'm afraid I wasn't clear enough about the
purpose of it. I'm aware that authpf/pf is behaving as intended, I was just
wondering if any change on that is planned because I'm guessing that I'm not
the only one who would find useful to be able to keep the non authpf related
states for an IP address after logoff authpf.

My second question was more oriented to administrators who might want to
share their thoughts about the question like Johan did (I'm going to have to
test that one, thanks Johan).

Sadly "System administrator" here seems to be willing to act in
representation of all members of this list when he says:  [...] do not
expect anyone on this list to do your research for you. [...].

If everyone thought like him I think that the open source initiatives
wouldn't exist anymore, anyway I don't want to start a discussion about this
subject but keep it to the technical question which has been already asked,
so if you are not "System Administrator" you can most likely ignore the
coming lines on this email.

 On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 8:36 PM, System Administrator <ad...@bitwise.net>
wrote:
> This list tends to favor those who do at least some basic homework
> before asking redundant questions.

Completely agree with you, there is nothing more annoying that those purpose
less messages which doesn't ask properly and/or doesn't really answer
something.

> Had you read the authpf man page or  searched the list archives

That's right, I knew I should have read some documentation. What lucky that
my system is up and running  by merely crazy guessing the content of the
config files!

>, you would have certainly realized that what  you are describing is
EXACTLY the intended
> behavior, in other words, your system is working exactly as it was
designed.

Oh, really? Because I was just thinking that there was a problem in
authpf.... No, wait, I haven''t said that, stop confusing me!

> Regarding your follow-up question: OpenBSD pf is a very powerful
> firewall sub-system and supports a number of viable work-arounds to
> accomplish what you want. However, unless you are offering to pay
> market-rate consulting fees, do not expect anyone on this list to do
> your research for you.

Now is when I should send you a private message with my credit card number
on it?

> On 23 Dec 2008 at 8:12, Derek wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Seeing that nobody is answering to the question below I'd add: Is there
>> anybody who uses authpf in the same scenario? Does it behave like in my
>> case? Any suggestion to keep the states for the user after he/she closes
the
>> session?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 1:46 PM, Derek <derekmail...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi list,
>> >
>> > I'm using authpf to allow external users to access to certain
restricted
>> > services within our network. This network hosts public services as
well,
>> > this is services which are open to all internet.
>> >
>> > The thing is that after some tests I realized that a client who has an
>> > authpf session opened and uses both, the autpf-protected service and
the
>> > public service, gets disconnected of all services when he/she closes
the
>> > authpf session.
>> >
>> > Looking a little bit closer I can see that all the states created by an
IP