Hello!

In my work I access a lot of machines that use UTF-8 as default
encoding. Trying to get this to work with my OpenBSD laptop i
found the following problem.

start an "uxterm"
$ file utf-8.txt
utf-8.txt: UTF-8 Unicode text

$ cat utf-8.txt
edvEDV

I then run cat and type four swedish characters and then try to
backspace two of them. The display is updated correctly but
hitting enter shows that only one of the characters was erased.

$ cat
ee
eee

On an standard (ISO8859) xterm this gives.

$ cat
ee
ee

On remote terminal session this becomes a problem when my fat
fingers accidently hit the swedish characters and backspace seems
to erase them but I get garbaled commands.

So what am I doing wrong? Is this a lack of locale support in
OpenBSD or is xterm a little broken?

Jan J