2008/12/30 Thilo Pfennig <t...@pfennigsolutions.de>:

> I have a FAT32 disk on wd1i as a disk for interchange with other
> computers. On every bootup I get the message "No space for FAT (Cannot
> allocate memory)" and then get into a shell where I should check
> manually.

Okay, so when you're booting OpenBSD -CURRENT, you're getting this
error? What does your disklabel look like? Is the "FAT32 disk" a
separate physical disk, and/or separate slice, and (disklabel)
partition)? Where does it come in, when does it get mounted? What does
your fstab(5) say?

But I can mount the disk without any problem. I have found
> this as it seems to be a bug in NetBSD and FreeBSD but did not find it
> mentioned on this list.

I don't understand what you mean by that. What is "this"? Are you
getting the same error message with these other BSDs? What makes you
think it's a bug in Net/FreeBSD? Is this a known/confirmed bug there?
Yadda, yadda, yadda.

> Anybody can give me a hint of what could be wrong. My system is rather
> current but I had not updated after december 4th.

I guess a dmesg also couldn't hurt, but whatever.

Sorry, I don't have answers, only questions.

regards,
--ropers