"Ted Unangst" <ted.unan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, libc doesn't have any support for exceptions, but that's because
> c doesn't have exceptions.  (not the problem).

Well, actually libc was the wrong term. I more meant all the
libraries OpenBSD provides that are used by the GNU stuff like GCC ;).
Don't know any better term for that.

> It's possible that the libstdc++ built with gcc 4 doesn't have
> exception support

It shouldn't use the libstdc++ for ObjC at all. And it doesn't do
according to ldd. Only libobjc, and the correct one, the one provided
by gcc 4, and libc.

> or maybe the objective c compiler doesn't

GCC 4 should support exceptions for ObjC when specifying -fexceptions.

> or it links with the wrong library

Nope, it doesn't. See above.

> or one of a million things that arent turned on because some esoteric
> autoconf check failed.

That'd be a bug in the GCC 4 port then, I guess.

> Did you check if a c++ program exhibits the same problem?

Not with gcc 4, as I built that without C++ support and I don't want to
rebuild gcc 4 just for that test, if possible, as that took quite a
while on that 440 MHz machine. But with the gcc that comes with
OpenBSD, it works.

--
Jonathan

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had
a name of signature.asc]