Peter Bako wrote:
I'm looking for a script that I can run on my OpenBSD boxes that would allow
them to register their DHCP assigned IP addresses with my Windows 2003 DNS
server.  My windows boxes do this automatically and its convenient to be
able to just ping them by name regardless of what IP they have been given,
but for my BSD boxes I don't have this.  It would be nice to find a script
that could be called as part of the boot process with which they could also
register their name and IP addresses to the Server 2003 DNS server.

if you're willing to let openbsd handle the dns, you can do this

http://www.bsdguides.org/guides/openbsd/networking/ad_dynamic_dns_dhcp.php

i have this running in a couple places and it works quite nicely. i do not like having a windows machine in charge of something as fundamental as dns.m

cheers,
jake