Markus Hennecke wrote:
On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Aaron Poffenberger wrote:

You might try connecting via tcp/ip rather than Unix sockets. I haven't used LedgerSMB but I do use phpPgAdmin under chrooted Apache over tcp/ip. (Same thing with phpMysqlAdmin.)

I tried getting phpMysqlAdmin to run over Unix sockets and that was an exercise in frustration. Tcp/ip is the way to go with chrooted Apache, though I'd be happy to learn how otherwise.

Make sure you have /var/postgres/data/pg_hba.conf configured to allow connections over tcp/ip for localhost addresses. I think it does by default but review the section at the bottom of the file to be sure.

And you should be using 127.0.0.1 for the cgi and not localhost. This is a perfect way to shoot yourself in the foot if the resolver is not
available. BTDT.

Kind regards,
  Markus

I had noticed that in a few cgi scripts before, but I didn't understand why.
Good thing to know! I'll stick to using 127.0.0.1 for now on.