On 2009-02-06, Tom Jones <jo...@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am wondering whether there are any users based in the UK that are using
> usb wireless modems(advertised as Mobile Broadband). I have done some research
> into the freely available(with contract at least) usb modems in the UK, but
> all
> the manufacture detail is hidden behind carrier branding.
>
> I have already seen the umsm(4) page, but haven't found any details of support
> devices being used in the UK, or available at reasonable price.

most of them should work, either as-is, or with small changes.

3 give information; most are huawei. E220 matches the umsm(4) list.
the umsm list has E619G which seems to be a typo (can anyone confirm
this?) and is probably actually E169G also on 3's list.

t-mobile use option icon225/icon431.

new vodafone are option k3760, older ones huawei.

orange use icon225.