Matthieu Herrb wrote:
> Multi-card multi-head setups are indeed broken in the X server since
> it switched to libpciaccess. There is some work going on to try to fix
> it, but without success so far.
>
> Complaining on X.Org lists (x...@lists.freedesktop.org, or
> bugzilla.freedesktop.org/Xorg product) may help showing other
> developpers that there is a real interest in those setups and that
> support for it should be fixed and not dropped.

I've been interested in arranging multi-seat (not multi-head) kiosks and
stations, but only had time to attempt it once over a year ago.  Back
then I also ran into X problems, though I was able to get multiple X
sessions after some work.

> (The Intel X developpers lean toward dropping it since their chips do
> not support multiple cards and they aren't supposed to support their
> competitor's machines).

That sucks, but then I've been tired of Intel for years and really eager
to move on to ARM, Cell or back to Sparc.

-Lars