Hi list,

I would like to access to the data in a LUN (exported from a SAN) from
more than one web server.

I am planning to connect by a fiber card one OpenBSD server to that
LUN and offer this data to the web servers by a NFS share. But I that
single NFS host dies, all the web servers stop accessing the data.

As fas as I know, there is no possibility of connecting more than a
machine simoultaneously to the same LUN in a SAN, am I right? If that
is so, I need some kind of failover.

If I get a second server with a fiber card, how can I implement a
failover mechanism so that when the first server dies, the spare
server connects to the LUN and exports the data by NFS to the web
servers? Can CARP be used for that?

Thanks.

/joakinen