On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 9:20 PM, J.C. Roberts <list-...@designtools.org>
wrote:
> I'm testing out the v2.6.1 intel(4) driver requested here:
> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=123307709522306&w=2
>
> In my Xorg.0.log I'm getting the mysterious error:
>
>        (WW) intel(0): libpciaccess reported 0 rom size, guessing 64kB
>        (EE) intel(0): Bad VBT signature
>        (WW) intel(0): VBIOS initialization failed.

This can probably be ignored. (I'm not 100% sure how the intel cards
setup their BIOS, but it seems normal that it doesn't get listed in
PCI config space and thus that libpiaccess gets back to the legacy VGA
space).

> On current we're running libpciaccess 10.2, so I figured I'd give the
> more recent 10.5 a try:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libpciaccess/

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libpciaccess/snapshot/libpciaccess-0.10.
5.tar.gz

> The existing xenocara/lib/libpciaccess/configure script shows it was
> created with autoconf-2.61 but everything I've tried to create a new
> one with the above source has resulted in a non-working script.
>
> What is the autoconf incantation necessary to generate a proper
> configure script that will work correctly within the xenocara tree?

Copy Makefile.bsd-wrapper from the xenocara version  and run
XENOCARA_RERUN_AUTOCONF=-Yes make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper build

But a more recent libpciaccess will not change anything...

--
Matthieu Herrb