On Feb 25, 2009, at 12:18 PM, new_guy wrote:

Hi guys.

I'm helping a friend install 4.4 (Sparc64) on this SunFire V120 he got for free :) It's a very nice box with a working Solaris install. It boots the
install.iso and proceeds to install, but when we get to the point of
selecting a root disk... the only option we have is [done]. OpenBSD seems to detect both drives (sd0 and sd1) but not place them in the list to select
from.

That's weird. I have a nearly identical machine with almost the same configuration. The only difference without checking dmesg line-by- line is that mine has one disk drive rather than two. I'll check my dmesg when I get home.

I was able to install a 4.5-beta snapshot on it without issue. I also booted it off a 4.4 snapshot a few months ago, but I didn't attempt an install (just zero'd the disk), so I couldn't tell you whether it gave me the option to install on disk or not.

--
bk