Greetings,

I've been asked to build a ftp server.  Searching the Sun site, I come
across this server.  I am sure, that some people already tested thoroughly
these boxes.  So, any advise, good/bad experiences with these entry level
servers?

Below is (one of) the available configuration::

A84-GGZ1-H-2GA-JL8 Sun Fire X2100 M2 Server, 1 Dual-Core AMD Opteron Model 1218, 2.6 GHz, 1 MB, Processor, 2 GB (2 x 1 GB DIMMs) Unbuffered ECC Single-Rank DDR2-667 Memory, No Disk Drive, No DVD, 1 Power Supply Unit, Service Processor, 4 10/100/1000 Ethernet Ports, 6 USB 2.0 Ports,
1 I/O Riser Card with 2 PCIe x8 Slots, RoHS-5 Compliant

Full technical  details (and propaganda) is here:

http://catalogs.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Sun_Catalogue-Sun_Catalogue_AU-Site/en_GB/-/AUD/ViewCatalog-Browse?CatalogCategoryID=UGpIBe.d2HcAAAEUw0s5G_c2&activetab=TechSpecs

mufurcz