On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 15:39:43 -0600
Aaron Poffenberger <a...@hypernote.com> wrote:

> You can't rebuild a softraid(4) right now (manually or
> automatically). You have to recreate it. The process is to make a new
> softraid and restore(8) the data from a recent dump(8).
>
> If you don't have a dump you can create the original device with the
> remaining disk(s) by forcing it:
>
> # bioctl -C force -c 1 -l /dev/sd1d softraid0
>
> Then you can dump, recreate and restore the device.
>
> I do believe there is work being done to add manual and maybe later
> auto rebuild. For now this is the process as I understand it.

It seems that one slipped through the cracks, regretfully I did try it
before and it did not work. Tried it again just to be sure:

# bioctl -C force -c 1 -l /dev/sd1d softraid0
bioctl: not enough disks

Any clues? I'm looking for a way to use it with just one disk while the
other gets replaced.

// nick