On 2009-03-08, x03 <x0...@sgene.org> wrote:
> hello folks!
>
> Have way to add an entry to syslogd just for rotation?
> I mean use syslogd to rotate all kinds of logs in /var/log/*

this reminds me of something I wanted to post for people using sensorsd
who might find it useful: this writes sensorsd logs to a separate file,
and mails you when a change is logged. saves a bit of messing around with
scripts in sensorsd.conf for the usual case when you want to know if limits
are exceeded.

syslog.conf:
!sensorsd
*.*                                                     /var/log/sensors

newsyslog.conf:
/var/log/sensors                        644  7     *    168   ZMB root

...and uncomment the "send log file notifications" in root's crontab.