I've set up a chroot account using ssh's ChrootDirectory[1] keyword on
OpenBSD 4.4 on a Soekris (i386) net4801.  It works nicely, except that I
get some device errors in the chroot, but not the regular accounts.

Upon connecting with SSH with the chrooted account, there is an error
about tty:

        ksh: No controlling tty (open /dev/tty: Device not configured)

then in the chrooted account, other devices are not available:

        $ gpioctl -d /dev/gpio1
        gpioctl: /dev/gpio1: Device not configured

Outside the chroot, these are both available.  Inside the chroot, there
is a directory for these devices, /dev which was populated by getting
MAKEDEV from the real /dev and then running
        ./MAKEDEV all

What step am I missing?  I've had it working before but cannot figure
the difference.

regards
-Lars