Hi Henning and Claudio,

Claudio Jeker wrote:
> Btw. does this only happen with full IPv6 feeds or are a few
> announcements already enough?

We have two test setups. One actually includes real peers, none sending
a full table though. The other one is a setup in our lab, with various
routers we could find, which only send a couple of routes to each other.

We have seen this happening if the peer we 'clear' announces at least
one prefix to the route server, so there is actually something to update.

The behavior is different in the two setups though.

With the real peers: multiple sessions go Idle upon 'clearing' one
session and the broken UPDATE that gets send out with that, but they all
come up again after a while.

In the lab: the Idle sessions never come up completely, because the
broken UPDATE seems to be send out repeatedly, causing the peer to go
back to Idle immediately every time we reach an Established state.

Henning Brauer wrote:
> wait. removing tcpmd5 fixes the problem? you gotta be kidding?
> this is on OpenBSD right?

Sorry, this was a wrong assumption we made based on your previous post
that there might be something wrong with it (and too many changes in our
config at the same time ;)

We are still busy with doing one change at a time now and trying to
figure out what in the config actually causes this to happen. Once we
get any conclusive results from this we will get back to you.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards
Elisa
--