Matt wrote:
If nginx is running as 'www' then you're building your own nginx rather
than using the package? If so, then nginx is starting however you tell
it, and without details it's impossible to say.

It's installed through package and I use a startup as adviced in /etc/rc.local.
However the 'user' in the nginx.conf is set to 'www'.

Thanks for the pointers - I will add a daemon class to login.conf.
Like with the MySQL examples [1] should I restart nginx through a shellscript as well ?
(Per documentation it is adviced to restart nginx with 'kill -HUP pid')

The kill -HUP will just read the configuration again. I could be wrong here, but as I stated on the faq as well, "Remember, if you don't do this, it will use the default class! Same if you restart MySQL manually! Class are read and use on login" the class is process only at login, so you will need to totally kill the daemon and restarted with the class as you saw in the example and adjust it for your needs obviously.

"su -c _mysql root -c '/usr/local/bin/mysqld_safe &' > /dev/null & echo -n ' mysql'"

Thanks,
Matt

[1] http://openbsdsupport.org/mysql.htm#/etc/rc.local

That remind me that I should update it for 4.5 as well.

Daniel