On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Matthew Szudzik
<mszud...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>> No doubt about that, but interest is seriously waning.  I cared back
>
> Although interest in compat_linux may be "seriously waning" among
> developers, I think it's still important for users such as myself.
> compat_linux is the most reasonable option for users who need to run
> commercial software on OpenBSD.

Well, somebody should send diffs then.  Like I said, I stopped using
it and couldn't use it now if I wanted.  And about the last thing I'm
going to do is buy some commercial software I won't use just to see if
it works.

> And compat_linux is important for attracting new users to OpenBSD.  Why
> else would it be mentioned in the first paragraph of the OpenBSD
> homepage?  Other features like pf, carp, openssh, sparc64 support, etc.
> aren't mentioned at all on the front page of www.openbsd.org

The opening paragraph hasn't been changed since before any of those
features existed.