Hi,

Happily running a laptop on OpenBSD - but I am a first time wifi-er.

I have no trouble connecting to a _known_ SSID, but I would like to find out which wifi networks are within my reach. I did man/search archives but no luck there - I've seen monitoring mode - can set my card to it, which seems a good direction towards my goal.
But I simply not have a clue what to do next... ?

All I need to be able to do is see what networks are available when out and about, nothing more. Obviously I am not the only user with this wish - so I am probably missing something extremely obvious :-(

(Running 4.5 snapshot with onboard iwi0 - but also have external rum0 and ral0 cards available).

Thanks!

Matt