--- Pedro la Peu [Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 01:35:57AM +0000]: ---
> On Friday 20 March 2009 11:15:05 jmc wrote:
> > i started paying attention to this thread because i've been interested
> > in setting up clamav for sometime. i noticed that there's a
> > clamav-milter(8) that gets installed as part of the clamav package.
> >
> > is the general consensus of those in the know to use smtp-vilter
> > instead of clamav-milter for these purposes?
>
> Yes, because there are no developers recommending clamav-milter.

yep, that's good enough for me. i only paused to ask becuase i had not
yet dealt with the milter end of my anti-virus subsystem. after
installing smtp-vilter and reading the dox, it became clear it's the
package i need to be using... i now have it up and running with the
clamav backend only. still reading up on the rest of the possibilities.