I spent some time trying to toggle the pins in the serial port in various ways. The easiest way for me was to install pyserial and to control the pins in python takes only two or three lines of code.
This is neat if you just want to do some basic stuff.

Jan Klemkow wrote:
Hello,

I want to get some signals from a electronic circuit at my serial-port com0. I don't know how to attach the pin's from the serial port with the gpioctl tool. I think it my hardware is not supported, but I don't know exactly. In my dmesg there is nothing like this: