On 12 April 2009 c. 19:54:18 Juan Jimenez Galdos wrote:
> The thing is: When I am using root i haven't any problems, but if i
> use a normal user the torrents don't start, and the torrents can't
> connect with the tracker or the peers. if the configuration of pf is
> the same in root and with a normal user, why this is happening? I
> don't understand.
>
> Somebody could help me? Thank you very much.

Please, please, please:

- dmesg (it's mentioned many times in documentation and on the site that
dmesg IS required)
- ktorrent packet version
- /etc/pf.conf
- KTorrent network configuration (particularily local ports specified)
- Torrent sites tested
- And finally: are you logging in as root, or starting "root" KTorrent
via sudo?

--
  Best wishes,
    Vadim Zhukov

A: Because it messes up the way people read text.
Q: Why is a top-posting such a bad thing?