On 16/04/2009, at 10:03 PM, Marco Peereboom wrote:

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 04:21:03PM +1000, Sam Vaughan wrote:
To complement the man pages, the supported hardware pages and what I've
found in the archives on marc, I'd be interested to read any SAS HBA
recommendations people might have.

LSI MPT.

I'm looking at some used Sun x4150 servers which have 8-lane PCIe slots
but come with no built-in SAS/SATA controller.  I'd be interested in
running RAID 10 with a hot spare and I'd like to make use of an OpenBSD driver that supports bioctl. (I'm assuming OpenBSD runs on x4150s - the
armorlogic site only lists Opteron Galaxy servers)

LSI MFI adapters are nice.

Thanks Marco,

So now that you've added bioctl support to mpi in 4.5, is there no real reason to preferentially choose a MegaRAID card over a Fusion MPT card, other than by price and features?

I really appreciate the work you guys have done to bring all this great SAS support to OpenBSD.

Sam