On 20 April 2009 c. 13:55:05 Henning Brauer wrote:
> and in any case this is less about ramdisk size but more about
> raidframe which we're going to get rid off eventually (when marco ever
> gets softraid upt o a usable level, read rebuild working)

Hell, yes! But "eventually" is not "till the end of month", so I have to
use something that doesn't crash when doing newfs(8) during installation
now (I'll file a bug in a few days after collecting more info on it). :(

> * Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> [2009-04-20 11:38]:
> > off the top of my head (remembered from bumping into limits with
> > flashboot), I think there are some restrictions imposed by ISA, and
> > of course some small machines have limited RAM which this eats into.

Hmm... I'll investigate this, thank you very much for information.

--
  Best wishes,
    Vadim Zhukov

A: Because it messes up the way people read text.
Q: Why is a top-posting such a bad thing?