Yup... you're right. Thanks for your reply ! These are my setup files:

r...@gate:~# cat /etc/ppp/peers/vodafone
hide-password
noauth
connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/ppp/peers/vodafone.chat"
debug
noccp
nobsdcomp
novj
/dev/ttyUSB0
460800
lock
crtscts
modem
holdoff 5
persist
usepeerdns
defaultroute
user "internet.vodafone.ro"
password "vodafone"
ipcp-accept-local
ipcp-accept-remote
noipdefault
noipv6

r...@gate:~# cat /etc/ppp/peers/vodafone.chat
ABORT BUSY
ABORT 'NO CARRIER'
ABORT VOICE
ABORT 'NO DIALTONE'
ABORT 'NO DIAL TONE'
ABORT 'NO ANSWER'
ABORT DELAYED
'' ATZ
OK 'AT&FE0V1X1&D2&C1 s0=0'
#scoatere pin din minicom
#AT+CPIN="xxxx"
#AT+CLCK="SC",0,"xxxx"
#ptr. pin
#OK 'AT+CPIN=1234'
OK 'ATE1'
OK 'AT+cgdcont=1,"IP","internet.vodafone.ro"'
OK-AT-OK "ATDT*99***1#"
CONNECT \d\c

They work with Slackware 12.2 (pppd ver. 2.4.4) very well. It would be nice if someone get this working on OpenBSD.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fred Crowson" <fred.crow...@googlemail.com>