On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 18:24:27 +0200
Paul de Weerd <we...@weirdnet.nl> wrote:
> The cable setup works quite well, and has for years. Nokia phones show
> up as ucom (I've tried several models (including the 6233), they all
> worked so far - in many cases you have to select the 'default' USB
> mode). See http://www.weirdnet.nl/openbsd/gprs/.

I've read that one before (thanks!), so I know I can go with the cable
option.  The problem is that it cost something like b,75.  Plus it is
yet another cable to carry around (and lose).  I've been looking for
an unbranded, cheaper, cable but I've been unsuccessful so far.

> The phone generally picks the best connection available (umts / gprs /
> etc) - availability depends on a number of factors, including local
> network coverage and subscription.
>
> I still haven't gotten around to getting this to work with bluetooth,
> please let the list know once you do.

Yes, I've been waiting for you to write about that ;-)  I suppose I
have to get the thing to register as a serial device somehow so I can
set up the appropriate chat scripts.  No idea how, nor if it is at
all possible.

I'm kind of looking for a yes or no answer, so I can either drop it
or do more research.