Hi,

On Mon, 04.05.2009 at 11:46:51 +0200, David Vasek <va...@fido.cz> wrote:
> It seems we are no longer buying hardware products, we are only buying
> permissions to use them - almost everything contains some form of
> firmware or microcode now. You never _own_ that code built-in in your
> hardware, you are only a licensee, thus you are bound by the license to
> use the firmware. Crazy, really crazy world! I hope that such licenses
> are illegal, illegal in every country.

I also think that such a license should be illegal, the more so as it
didn't say on the outside of the box that this product has hidden
restrictions attached (however void they may be for other reasons).

I'm also not prepared to accept "permission to use" in lieu of
"ownership".

Kind regards,
--Toni++