Mark Shroyer escreveu:
On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 04:46:16PM -0300, Gonzalo Lionel Rodriguez wrote:
jaja OMG... i love PF and OpenBSD.

2009/5/4 Jason Dixon <ja...@dixongroup.net>:
LOL, you ain't seen nothing yet.  Look at the "extended version" he just
sent out.  :)

To be fair, I've seen some pretty horrid pf.conf files, too.  (Although
I certainly prefer it over iptables in most cases.)

That's exactly why we have the ruleset optimizer. I still can recall when i migrated one iptables firewall with more than 300 lines, and all of then absolutely necessary, into one single pf.conf with no more than 60 lines (including spacing, identation, and commentary). That's why i choose pf and got sticky with it. Now, on topic, I definitely recommend for beginners, reading the pf faq. I never had worked with pf, and migrated my ruleset in 2 days. But i was working with iptables on a daily basis. If you are a little "rusty" with iptables, using fwbuilder to convert your ruleset is a good start. It won't convert it "as is", you will have to remove somethings, mainly the /proc stuff, and others. After you have your first fwbuilder made ruleset, try reading it and referring to the faq when you are in doubt. It will be quite helpful.

My regards,

--
Giancarlo Razzolini
http://lock.razzolini.adm.br