* Tom Martin <openb...@lekl.nl> [2009-05-06 15:41]:
> May  6 17:00:01 openBSD4-5 bgpd[5747]: neighbor 192.168.113.100 (test.4):
> received notification: error in UPDATE message, AS-Path unacceptable
>
> At the client side we see a fatal error:
>
> Apr 6 17:00:05 bsd bgpd[24969]: neighbor 192.168.113.1 (test): state change
> Established -> Idle, reason: Fatal error
>
> When we use quagga as client the session is doing fine on both sides, even
> with community filters. When we are using OpenBGPD we keep facing this
> message until we are removing the following line: transparent-as yes. Is
> this a comment problem, or is this a bad configuration of us?

bad config on the client side - must use
  enforce neighbor-as no

OpenBGPD enforces that AS Pathes from a neighbor begin with his AS by
default. If the neighbor is a transparent route-server, that is - of
course - not the case.

--
Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de