I'd like to enable the use of patented TrueType glyphs hinting (for educational purposes only, obviously! :).

I thought that I had to simply define TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER in "xenocara/lib/freetype/include/freetype/config/ftoption.h", but I found it already defined. So I tried to undefine TT_CONFIG_OPTION_UNPATENTED_HINTING and recompiled everything (following instructions in the FAQ), but it didn't worked.

So, what's the supposed way to enable the use of patented TrueType glyphs hinting?

Thanks.