Chuck Robey <chu...@telenix.org> writes:

> Like I said above, I'm getting my sources via cvsup, and since they're the src
> with no tag or date, so I would suppose you'd call this "current".

The general advice for building a system using -current sources is to
start with the most recent snapshot you can get your hands on.

> This is the gcc I just installed from the 4.5 release, installed
> only a week ago.

Yes, but consider this: The release date was set to May 1st mainly in
order to have CDs and other physical items ready by then.  If you look
at the file dates on the CD or the mirrors, you will see that they are
not quite that recent.

What you're seeing is expected.  The time between when the after the
release is cut and sent to CD production and the formal release dates
is when the more radical changes happen in OpenBSD, giving us a
preview of what the next release will be like.

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/current.html and the references it contains
will likely make all this a little clearer.

- Peter

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/